SANDBOXX’s policy is to collect only that personal information which is relevant, to store it securely and not to disclose it to third parties unless it is necessary in the discharge of our services.
Why do we store information?
The main reason we store information about our clients is so that we can identify them and work with them on the delivery of services and projects. This information is stored in perpetuity as people can come back to us many years after completing a project to initiate another.
We also hold on to client and website visitor contact information in order to advise them of benefits, news, updates and products that may be of interest, as well as inviting feedback for market research.
If you are not a current client, and have opted in to hear from us, we may send you further information on products or services that we are working on.
If you are from an organisation that is not a SANDBOXX client and have opted in to receive updates, from time to time we may send you news of products and services that could be of interest.
What information does SANDBOXX collect about me?
Personal information that we collect may include your name, contact details (such as phone number, email and postal address), your date of birth, data about the pages you visit on our site, as well as any other personal information, such as your job, should you send that information to us.
How does SANDBOXX collect my personal information?
We collect your information in two ways:
1. Personal information you choose to disclose. You may, for example, provide us with your information when you register for updates on our site, when you contact us (online or offline) or when you become a client or service user. If you are not a client and have no business interactions, we will not keep your details unless you opt in to receive updates from us;
- In a separate automatic operation, the web server will collect your IP address and browser type and details of the website, mobile application or email communication you came from before entering our site. This information is used to work out how many times our site has been visited and what channels people use;
- record which parts of our site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the site;
- understand the effectiveness of our email communications.
We may from time to time supply this data to third parties in an anonymised form for use in connection with our site.
What will SANDBOXX do with my personal information?
In particular, we may use your information to:
Contact you with more information on our products and services and those of our companies and/or associates. If you are a client or have opted in to receive this information we may invite you to participate in surveys, discussions and ask for your views on our services via online surveys and discussion forums.
We also use personal information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified by name) to build marketing profiles, audit how our sites are used, and to help with the strategic development of our sites.
Participation in surveys and discussion forums is entirely voluntary. You may unsubscribe from being contacted for these purposes at any time. Survey information will be used for market research with the aim of improving our services.
We will show your username on any content you submit or post on our sites (including discussions, bulletin boards and forums).
Email marketing and opt-out
We will not send you marketing emails if you have opted out of receiving them. Any marketing emails we send you will include an unsubscribe link at the end of the email.
SANDBOXX sites also provide contact details you may use if you want to contact us by email, post or telephone in order to unsubscribe.
How does SANDBOXX keep my personal information safe?
We seek to protect the safety of all your personal information. Where we use third parties to process personal information, we require them to ensure the safety of your information. We use appropriate security measures on our own systems, but the internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet.
Any personal information that you voluntarily post on a public area of our site, such as a bulletin board or discussion forum, or an interactive area requiring registration and/or subscription, may be collected and used by others. Please be careful what personal information you disclose in this way. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users.
Will SANDBOXX share my personal information with anyone else?
We will never sell your personal information. We may disclose and share personal information with the third parties listed below. Because the internet is a global environment, you accept and agree that this will include the transfer of your personal information to other countries, including countries outside of the European Union and the wider European Economic Area which may not have the same data protection laws as the UK.
We may share your personal information:
- with our group companies or any entity which acquires any part of our business;
- with our service providers (including, for example, credit reference agencies and payment processors, distributors/agents of our products, suppliers who develop or host our sites);
- with third-party search engines that may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page by default if required or permitted by law;
- with relevant third parties (such as your employer, your school, your internet service provider, law enforcement agencies) if we reasonably believe you may be in breach of the law (e.g. if you have posted defamatory content on our sites);
- with other third parties with your consent.
What if I am under 18 years old?
You agree not to misuse any personal information available on our site or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.
Data Protection Officer
35 Corbridge Crescent
London E2 9EZ
or email us at [email protected]